McAuley Health Center
We are a Nurse Managed Health Care Center. The center is staffed by certified nurse practitioners and is assisted by graduate and undergraduate nursing students, providing services to underserved community members on Detroit's east side.
Scheduled Appointments and Same Day Appointments.
The McAuley Health Center provides primary care services to the residents of Metro Detroit. As a collaborative initiative of University of Detroit Mercy’s McAuley School of Nursing and Mercy Primary Care, a unit of Trinity Health, the Center seeks to improve residents’ access to primary health care.
We offer five modern exam rooms, and access to community programs such as Mercy Primary Care Shower and Personal Assistance (SPA) Program for the homeless.
- Primary Care for acute and chronic conditions
- Mental Health Services for Adults
- Physical Examinations
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- Health Screenings
- Health Education / Counseling
- McAuley Health Center also provides health services to the students at the College for Creative Studies' Wellness Center
- In addition to the health services provided above, McAuley Health Center is also a place of education, providing clinical rotations for nurse practitioners across many specialties as well as a site for our second degree option nursing students.
The Center accepts patients who are covered by HMOs, private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, and the Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program.
Health care services at the Center are provided by advanced practice nurses. Referrals to physicians or specialists will be provided as needed.
Advanced practice nurses are registered nurses who have advanced educational and clinical training in a health care specialty. They are commonly known as nurse practitioners (NP). In addition, graduate and undergraduate nursing students provide screenings and educational services, and participate in research at the Center.
Our Patients Say ....
Provide high quality primary health care and health promotion services to the metro Detroit community, particularly its underserved. As a nurse managed center, faculty strive to model competent practice, dynamic leadership, and stewardship of scarce resources for students who will practice and learn at the center.
- An innovative, self-sustaining nurse managed center that provides quality, community-based care and health promotion.
- An academic center of excellence creating synergy in practice, research and partnership with all its key stakeholders.
- Create a clinic that is sustainable
- Develop the most efficient and effective health center possible
- Provide the highest quality of care for all patients
- Create a culture that values staff engagement, teamwork and accountability
Director of Clinic Operations
email@example.comProject Director & Mental Health PractionerCarla Groh, PhD, PMHNPBC, FAAN313-993-2487Lead Nurse PractitionerTracy Threat, RN, MSN, FNP-BC
Adult Nurse Practitioner
Tracey Chan, RN, MSN, ANP
Certified Medical Assistant
Administrative Medical Assistant
Partnering with RX for Reading
McAuley Health Center is proud to partner with Rx for Reading, a UDM initiative aimed at expanding access to high-quality children's books and supporting families in reading with their children. Find out more at http://rxreading.org/, or better yet, stop by the clinic and pick up a free book!